Smaart SPL is a stand-alone SPL monitoring program encompassing all of the advanced SPL monitoring features found in Smaart v8, in a streamlined purpose-built package. Smaart SPL does not perform Spectrum, Transfer Function or Impulse Response measurements.
With an interface designed for simplicity and speed, Smaart SPL provides a powerful and full-featured solution for monitoring, metering, and logging SPL but with a format and price point more accessible to users who don’t require the real-time frequency and impulse response mode analysis capabilities of our flagship Smaart v8 software.
Important: For accurate SPL measurements, this product requires the use of microphone calibrator in addition to a suitable acoustic test & measurement microphone and a microphone preamp / audio interface.
NOTE: Once a Smaart license has been registered to a license management account at my.rationalacoustics.com and activated on any computer, it is non-returnable and non-refundable. We encourage you to take advantage of the free 30-day demo for all Smaart software products prior to purchase, to ensure it meets your requirements.
- Quick access to configuration functions and logging actions from a single, intuitive control bar
- SPL History timeline shows data collected over entire logged or live-logging event
- At-a-glance display of all calibrated inputs
- A fully configurable Meter Grid is a dashboard for critical showtime metrics
- View meters for multiple microphones in real time
- Green, Yellow, and Red “traffic light” threshold controls for each metric
- Connect to Smaart SPL’s integrated web interface via any desktop or mobile device on the network (password protection option for access control)
- Supports multi-channel input devices
- Monitor multiple input devices concurrently
- Log data from all calibrated inputs
- Supports multiple 10EaZy systems
- Configure alarms for any or all calibrated inputs
- SPL Fast and Slow
- Options for A-weighting, C-weighting, and Z-weighting (no-weighting)
- Octave (1/1 Oct) weighting for monitoring the SPL of specific Octave banded frequency centers
- Custom Leq lengths in seconds or minutes, up to 1440 minutes (24 hours)
- Leq A-weighting, C-weighting, Z-weighting, and Octave weighting
- Noise exposure measured directly as a percentage of daily recommended dose
- Exposure models based on NIOSH Recommended Exposure Levels and OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels
- Smaart SPL logs 13 common metrics by default, additional metrics can be customized/added as desired
- Logfile header contains Max values for each logged metric as well as any Overloads, Alarm instances, and user-added Notes.
- Create an SPL Summary Report containing event details as well as statistics for each metric (Max, L90, L50, L10) and any alarm violations that occurred during the period.
- Each license of Smaart SPL comes with 2 installations
- Internet access is required for the activation of Smaart SPL. Once activated, the program does not need an internet connection and can be operated offline
- Once installed and activated on a computer, Smaart SPL cannot be deactivated by the user. In the case of computer failure or loss, you will need to contact Rational Tech Support.
- Purchase of additional installations onto existing licenses is available directly through our online license management site once you have registered your license.
For Windows and Mac OS X
Smaart SPL runs native under both Mac OS X and Windows from the same unified source code.