Rational Noise Stick II – Phantom Powered Pink Noise Generator
The Noise Stick II is hand built in the USA exclusively for Rational Acoustics, sparing no detail for quality and reliability. It features such niceties as hand matched transistors, 1% tolerance resistors and a Linear Feedback Shift Register (LFSR) random number generator that provides a pseudorandom signal with excellent statistical properties and without any obvious, audible repeats. The output of the Noise Stick's random number generator drives a hand tuned filter bank that delivers a pink spectrum that is nominally flat within +/- 0.5 dB from 30Hz to 20kHz on a 1/3-octave analyzer.
We didn't skimp on the outside either. The sleek, compact design is unobtrusive and fits easily into mic cases and gear bags. The housing for the Noise Stick is made from sturdy machined anondized aluminum to protect the electronics from shock and increase its crush strength. Prototype test units were found to work just fine after being dropped from two stories onto a concrete surface and run over by a car, although we wouldn't recommend doing this to yours (on purpose). And a new, blue LED on the endcap provides visual confirmation that the unit is seeing phantom power and thus, operational.
• Output Impedence: <30 Ohms, Balanced
• Output Connector: Integrated 3-Pin XLR Male
• Output Level: -33 dBu nominal
• Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
• Typical Flatness: +/- 0.5 dB from 30Hz to 20kHz
• Power Requirements: 12-48 V Phantom Power
• Power Consumption: 4 milliamps
• Size: 5.7” L x 0.78” W (144.78 mm x 19.8 mm)
• Weight: 1.75 oz. (50 g)
• Case Material: Machined Anondized Aluminum
• Warranty: One (1) year from date of purchase for defects in materials or workmanship